Vitamin, Glutathione and Magnesium IVs provide a quick and vigorous boost to patients’ immune systems, enhancing the body’s ability to heal itself and maintain its optimal level of health. The Kaplan Center’s physicians use IV Therapy for a variety of reasons. The immune-boosting properties of supplemental IVs can:
- Help manage many of the symptoms associated with chronic pain and illness including muscle and joint pain, asthma, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol levels, diabetes and hypoglycemia, fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches, and premenstrual syndrome;
- Help prevent the occurrence of migraines;
- Shorten the duration of acute illnesses, such as colds and flu;
- Help patients stay as healthy as possible throughout medical treatments such as IV antibiotic therapy and detoxification protocols;
- Accelerate tissue regeneration and protect against secondary infections when taken prior to and immediately following surgery;
- Assist in the body’s detoxification process, removing toxins such as heavy metals and harmful biologic agents from tissue; and
- Restore the body’s vitamin and mineral levels to obtain optimal health.
Glutathione (GSH) is an antioxidant that plays a powerful role in the body’s detoxification process. It is the most abundant of the endogenous anti-oxidants in the Central Nervous System, and perhaps the most important. It is naturally produced in the body, and helps your body detoxify by getting rid of damaging free radicals. In doing so, it maintains optimal functioning of the immune system. Unfortunately, as we age GSH levels become depleted; toxins, poor diet, medications, infections, and stress all contribute to its depletion. Without enough glutathione in our bodies we become “unbalanced” in terms of inflammation and anti-inflammation, and in terms of destruction and repair. Supplementing the body’s own supply of glutathione boosts its ability to prevent cell damage and remove toxins from the body.
Magnesium plays a critical role in energy production. Consequently, if your magnesium level is low, you may experience fatigue, mental confusion, irritability, anxiety, weakness, heart disturbances, problems in nerve conduction, muscle contractions, muscle cramps, loss of appetite, and insomnia.
Vitamins and minerals are the building blocks of good health; without them, the body’s ability to mend itself is undermined. If you are coping with chronic pain, illness, or an injury for an extended period of time, and it seems that you have come to a halt in your health improvement, you may have a vitamin or magnesium deficiency.Print this page