A malfunctioning hormonal system also can contribute to your pain problem. Hormone level imbalances, such as thyroid disease, low estrogen, or low testosterone can cause musculoskeletal pain, increased pain sensitivity, fatigue, headaches, and a host of other problems, including depression, loss of mental acuity, and loss of libido. Kaplan Center physicians are skilled in identifying hormonal problems, and they are expert in addressing such problems using both alternative and conventional treatments, including prescription medications, bioidentical hormones, herbal remedies, acupuncture and lifestyle changes such as dietary improvements, regular exercise and relaxation.
Hormone Disorder Screening
- Adrenal Function Studies indicate whether the adrenal glands are properly producing hormones and accurately controlling your body’s potassium/sodium balance.
- Thyroid Function Tests evaluate whether your thyroid is properly converting iodine into hormones for the body.
- Pre-Diabetes Detection helps to identify individuals with a predisposition for diabetes before the disease manifests and undermines your good health.
- Bone Density Measurements* are an important determinant of fracture risk and osteoporosis in men and women. When estrogen and testosterone levels drop, so can bone density.
- Sex Hormone Measurements look at levels and how your liver is metabolizing into healthy or unhealthy metabolites and what you can do about it.
* When a patient requires a Bone Density Study, we provide trusted outside referrals.
If a hormone imbalance is identified, your Kaplan physician will provide you with an individualized treatment plan that carefully evaluates, in light of the latest medical research, the potential risks and benefits of using medications and/or alternative treatments.
For more information about how the Kaplan Center physicians treat Hormone Disorders, please click here.