As a clinician, Dr. Nayo loves working with individuals who need help to optimize and restore their health. Dr. Nayo understands that health requires treating the whole person to find a balance in the mental, emotional and physical aspects of life and utilizes a functional medicine approach to determine the root cause of your symptoms.
At the first visit, she will do a thorough medical history and examination to determine what may be contributing to your health concerns and then will order tailored lab work and other testing to uncover any imbalances in hormones, GI issues, immune dysfunction, adrenal dysfunction or other body system issue. She then develops a unique treatment plan designed to bring the body back to health.
Common issues that Dr. Nayo addresses include:
- Hormone Imbalances (Menstruating and Menopausal Women)
- Thyroid Imbalances
- GI Disturbances (IBS, IBD, constipation, diarrhea, GERD, SIBO, and more)
- Food Allergies, Sensitivities and Intolerances
- Migraines, Headaches, Pain
- Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Metabolic Syndrome
- Chronic Infections, Frequent Upper Respiratory Infections, Allergies
- Autoimmune Diseases (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and more)
Dr. Nayo has extensive training and experience in Integrative and Functional Medicine and nutritional healing. Her journey towards becoming a physician began at The University of Virginia where she received her B.A. in Anthropology. Dr. Nayo then attended Jefferson Medical College to obtain her M.D., and finally, completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Nayo has completed all six Functional Medicine Trainings, and is currently obtaining her Certification in Functional Medicine.