Eliminating toxins is a must for overall health, and cilantro – also known as coriander or Chinese parsley – is effective in helping to remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body. Cilantro also has anti-inflammatory properties and is a digestive aid. Try to add cilantro into your diet as often as possible!
Here’s a great recipe for a cilantro detox smoothie:
- 1 bunch of cilantro (aka coriander, Chinese parsley)
- 1 lemon or lime juice – should make about 1-2 T of juice
- 1/4 – 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup of purified water (may need more to reach desired consistency)
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Sweetener of choice
- Wash the cilantro. Discard any spoiled pieces.
- Blend all of the ingredients to desired consistency for 60-90 seconds
Note: If your blender cannot blend the cilantro stems smoothly, just leave them out.
- Add Kale leaf (with spine removed) to boost nutrition
- Add a Granny Smith Apple
Recipe courtesy of Maria Hepler, RDN
Recipe continued below…
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
SAVE OR PRINT THE RECIPE BELOW!