Lemons and oranges are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, which helps boost immunity and supports the immune system to fight off the infection. Ginger has been shown to modulate the immune system, reduce inflammation, support healthy digestion and reduce pain. At the first sign of a cold or even when you’re already sick, drink a shot glass of this cocktail 2-3 times a day to build up your immune system.
– Vanessa Berenstein, MA, RD
- 1 quart filtered water
- ½ cup ginger root, fresh
- ¼ cup turmeric root, fresh
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Boil water;
- Add ginger, turmeric and garlic to the jar and pour boiling water over the roots;
- Let tea steep for 10-20 minutes;
- Add fresh lemon and orange juice at the very end to maintain Vitamin C content.
Recipe courtesy of Vanessa Berenstein, M.A., R.D.
Caution: Please consult a medical practitioner before you begin consuming herbs, especially if you are taking any medications. Many herbs can interact with drugs or other herbs.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
SAVE OR PRINT THE RECIPE BELOW!