If you like ricotta cheese, you will absolutely love this macadamia nut substitute for cream cheese. Macadamia nuts are rich in high quality fats, protein, magnesium, selenium, iron, copper, thiamin and other B vitamins. Because they are so fatty, they create an amazingly creamy dip that is savory and super satisfying.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley or thyme)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (sub with chives for low FODMAP/SIBO friendly version)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container or glass jar.
- Layer between butternut squash or lasagna noodles; spread on toast, wraps, sandwiches, rice crackers, Mary’s Gone Crackers, or organic corn chips; top on quinoa pasta, whole grains, eggs, beans or anything that you’d spread cheese on.
- Switch up salt and spices for cardamom and maple syrup to make a sweet version of this cream to top on fruit or add to other desserts.
- To turn this into an amazing creamy salad dressing, add water, lemon juice and some fresh parsley.
- Use the same recipe with pistachios, hemp seeds, pine nuts, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, or cashews to get different nutrients and flavors.
Recipe courtesy of Vanessa Berenstein, M.A., R.D.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
SAVE OR PRINT THE RECIPE BELOW!