“I love combining sweet and savory in snacks. While you could do a typical trail mix for a healthy snack, why not try new flavors and add antioxidants? Rosemary has been found to improve memory and learning (1). Other studies show it has anti-cancer effects (2, 3) and may reduce the stress hormone cortisol (4), promoting a state of relaxation. Pecans are a great source of good fats, protein, fiber, B vitamins and minerals. Together, this packs delicious flavor and nutrition in under 10 minutes!”
– Vanessa Berenstein, MA, RD
Makes 5-6 servings
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add in pecans and toss regularly until toasted.
3. Remove from heat and add in maple syrup, salt, and rosemary and mix well.
4. Cool completely before storing.
– Eat as a snack, or on top of salads, soups, and desserts.
– Add pumpkin seeds or other nuts to the mixture to increase variety.
– For a spiced version, substitute rosemary for cumin, turmeric and coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Vanessa Berenstein, MA, RD
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
SAVE OR PRINT THE RECIPE BELOW!