Tulsi or “holy basil” has been used for over 3000 years, especially in Ayurvedic medicine for its numerous medicinal properties. It’s an adaptogen, meaning it helps the body adapt to stress and lower cortisol levels. For anyone with anxiety, high stress hormones or low energy, tulsi may help with balancing the stress response. Drink it in the morning for a calming effect or in the afternoon if you feel anxious or stressed.
– Vanessa Berenstein, M.A., R.D.
1 oz tulsi
1 quart filtered water
- Add tulsi to a glass quart jar.
- Pour boiling or near boiling water over the herbs and let it steep 10-20min
- Strain and drink right away or refrigerate. Keeps for 1-2 days
• Tulsi is also great to combine with a mint and nettle infusion for complimentary benefits.
SAVE OR PRINT THE RECIPE CARD BELOW!Print this page