Long-COVID Recovery Services
Most people recover from COVID-19 completely, but for reasons still unknown a percentage of patients, sometimes referred to as “long-haulers,” continue to suffer long-term effects of the virus. If you or a loved one are dealing with lingering symptoms of COVID-19, our Long-COVID Recovery Program can offer you a path to recovery.
With over 35 years of experience helping patients recover from chronic conditions. We understand the complexities of chronic conditions better than most other providers and we are well-prepared to offer long-COVID-19 recovery services.
If you are experiencing symptoms beyond six weeks of being diagnosed with COVID-19, our Long-COVID Recovery Program may be suitable for you.
An Integrative Approach
A multi-system condition like Long-COVID Syndrome needs a integrative/multidisciplinary approach to address its wide-ranging symptoms. You’ll have an hour long appointment with our Nurse Practitioner to discuss your past medical history and current symptoms. Appropriate testing will be ordered based on your history.
Our Team of providers will work with you to address any of the following complications you may be experiencing:
- Pulmonary (Lung): difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, cough, chest pain
- Cardiac (Heart): heart palpitations
- Nervous System: fatigue, brain fog, pins & needles, dizziness, sleep disturbances, changes in taste or smell, fever, diarrhea, migraine
- Musculoskeletal: weakness, muscle or joint pain
- Psychological: depression, anxiety, mood changes
Cutting Edge Research and New Diagnostic Testing
Our program includes the lab services of Dr. Bruce Patterson, former Head of Virology at Stanford University and now head of IncellDx, who has developed a unique method to identify “long haulers.”
Dr. Patterson’s research provides critical insight into how to predict, identify, and treat patients who are affected by Long-COVID Syndrome. More specifically, he believes he’s identified one specific type of white cell that becomes damaged by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This new research not only expedites your diagnosis but it gives us clearer insight on what areas of the immune system are damaged and which treatments will best help you recover.
Devising a Treatment Plan
With a complete medical history and the results of your lab work we’ll be well equipped to 1) determine what may be delaying your recovery and 2) devise an integrative treatment plan that will get you back to total health, back to complete recovery.
Your comprehensive plan may include:
– Prescription Rx
– Nutritional Supplements – The right supplements will support your immune function, brain health, detox, nervous system and more.
– Nutritional Counseling – Certain diets can help lower ongoing inflammation that is thought to be a key cause of long COVID symptoms. A Nutritionist will help you find the diet most appropriate for your medical condition.
– Acupuncture – Acupuncture has shown to inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Benefits include reduced inflammation, better nervous system and immune function, and lower stress levels.
– IV Therapy – We’ll restore vitamin and mineral deficiencies that may be weakening your immune system.
– Physical Therapy – Our physical therapists will select specific exercises, tailored to your needs, to target any musculoskeletal weaknesses or deficiencies.
– Breathing Training – Since breathing difficulties and cough can persist among those with Long-COVID Syndrome, a respiratory muscle training device can help strengthen respiratory muscles and speed up recovery.
– Psychotherapy, EMDR & Guided Meditation
– Sleep Evaluation & Management
Despite all that has been learned about the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to have a tremendous impact on our physical and emotional health. Until we have more answers, the Kaplan Center is here to help you navigate the challenges of COVID-19 so you can return to your prior life and activities.