Jeanne Scheele, P.T., P.R.P.C.
Jeanne Scheele, P.T., P.R.P.C., has practiced physical therapy in Northern Virginia for 40 years and serves as the Kaplan Center’s Physical Therapy Director.
Jeanne brings a high level of professional knowledge and skill to her work with patients, having practiced in a variety of challenging settings including hospital rehabilitation units, out-patient clinics for orthopedic therapy and rehabilitation, and as a home-health physical therapist.
Jeanne holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Maryland and a Certificate of Proficiency in Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland’s School of Medicine.
The last 20 years has been devoted to her special interest of woman’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction. In this time, she has become a Certified Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner, one of 190 in the United States, certified through the Herman and Wallace Institute for Pelvic Rehabilitation.
As a Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner, Jeanne is certified to treat the following common diagnoses:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD)
- Pelvic pain – Levator Ani Syndrome
- Painful intercourse (Dysparunea)
- Post-hysterectomy scarring, abdominal adhesions
- Vulvodynia, vaginismus, anismus
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Incontinence – both urinary and fecal; symptoms of urgency and frequency
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sacroiliac dysfunction, lower back pain, groin pain, hip pain
- Myofascial pain
- Painful bladder syndrome