Good nutrition is essential for preventing disease and attaining optimal health in any individual, and it is especially critical for those with chronic diseases such as Diabetes, fibromyalgia, Celiac disease and heart disease. Nutritional deficiencies, genetic weaknesses, food sensitivities and allergies can all contribute to chronic pain in two major ways: 1) by causing tissue inflammation and 2) by interfering with the proper absorption of the nutrients you need to stay healthy.
Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) is the most advanced certification for personalized nutrition practitioners, having met the standards set by the American Nutrition Association® through its Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists. Certified Nutrition Specialists have the expertise and training to evaluate your unique medical history and assist in making the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes you need to improve and maintain your health using science-based advanced medical nutrition therapy, education, and research.
Here are a few examples of the benefits of working with a Certified Nutrition Specialist:
- A Certified Nutrition Specialist can order and interpret the results of functional testing – a series of testing that assesses multiple areas of health – and suggest foods and supplements to support their health based on those results.
- A CNS will recommend a treatment plan specifically tailored to meet your medical needs and give you the structure, support and encouragement to help you reach your goals.
- If you have food allergies or sensitivities, a CNS can advise you on what you can and cannot eat while teaching you what to watch out for on food labels and still making sure you are maintaining a healthy, balanced diet.
- If you have a chronic condition, a CNS can help you understand how your diet may be contributing to your illness and will guide you in adopting an anti-inflammatory diet that provides all the proper nutrients to manage your illness.
- A CNS can create an eating plan that will allow you to lose weight – and maintain that weight loss – safely and effectively.
- At the Kaplan Center, our CNS collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers to make sure every patient is receiving the most appropriate “holistic” healthcare plan.
Regardless of where you stand in defining and pursuing your personal nutritional goals, you may find that the path to proper nourishment is oftentimes fraught with obstacles. Let us help you overcome those challenges and successfully achieve your goals. To make an appointment today, call 703-532-4892.
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2