Michel Moreau, MD, ND, BSC Hons OST, is an integrative medical practitioner. He received his honors Degree in Osteopathy in London, England, in 1996 from HRH Princess Ann, Patron of the British School of Osteopathy. After years in private practice and teaching, Dr. Moreau, whose patients call “Dr. Mitch”, embarked upon medical training and graduated with honors in 2008 from Ross University School of Medicine and attended a family medicine residency program in Ohio. He also followed a course for medical providers at the University of Bridgeport, CT, and received his Naturopathic Medical degree with Honors in 2015.Dr. Mitch, launched his career in Integrative Medicine in Vermont providing care to a multitude of patients incorporating Osteopathic Medicine and natural therapies such as herbal medicine and nutrition to primary care patients. His scope of practice has extended from patients with typical disorders such as hypertension, diabetes, cancer, hormonal dysfunctions, and musculoskeletal conditions of all sorts from degeneration to acute cases in sport or road traffic accidents, amongst other conditions. He also volunteered at the Open Door Clinic for three consecutive years. While in Vermont he became director of a naturopathic residency program and was able to demonstrate the interest of musculoskeletal medicine, natural therapies and functional medicine into primary care.
Over the years he has continued to specialize in new and emerging treatments in order to give his patients the highest quality of care they deserve. He has specialized training in the following:
- Visceral Osteopathy and Craniosacral Therapy
- Men and women’s hormone pellet implant therapy
- Medical and natural weight loss programs
- Injection therapy including Prolotherapy and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Dry needling, trigger point therapy, musculoskeletal mesotherapy
Dr. Mitch’s aim is to provide sound clinical care with a “hands-on” approach to medicine. He assesses his patients with respect and precision and offers a variety of treatment modalities that address each person as an individual as opposed to delivering a generic treatment to everyone. Within this holistic approach Dr. Mitch follows the principles of personalized medicine and considers each patient in a physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual model with the aim of achieving wellness. He believes in:
- Preventing disease through education, a thorough medical history evaluation, and by establishing new parameters for his patients to help them reach their full health potential.
- Delivering a system of health to address one’s needs and offer solutions that are specific.
- Developing a treatment plan where the patient is not just a recipient of care but an active and informed participant.
Dr. Mitch never steps away from the old osteopathic principles:
- The human being is a dynamic functional unit, whose state of health is influenced by the body, mind and spirit.
- The body possesses self-regulatory mechanisms and is naturally self-healing.
- Structure and function are inter-related at all levels of the human body.
- The rule of the artery (or/and nerve) is supreme.