Heart Health Resources | American Heart Month
February is American Heart Month, and a great time to learn strategies on how you can improve your heart health.
To a great extent, heart disease is preventable, and there is a lot you can do today that will have a positive impact on your health in the future. Here are some resources to help you get started.
• Eat a heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory diet
Read: 11 Food Rules For The Ultimate Anti-Inflammatory Diet
• Manage stress levels with mind-body therapies
Read: Why Meditation Is One Of The Most Important Things You Can Do For Heart Health: A Doctor Explains
• Exercise daily, indoors or outdoors
Read: 7 Minutes a Day For Better Health
• Maintain a healthy weight
Download the eBook: Never Say Diet Again
• Regularly review your medications and supplements with your physician
Read: 5 Tips To Help You Manage Your Medications
• Quit smoking and don’t drink alcohol in excess
For more educational tools, fact sheets, and other helpful information, visit NIH’s American Heart Month resource page at www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/heart-month
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!