Cosmetic Acupuncture / Facial Rejuvenation
Cosmetic acupuncture* (also known as facial rejuvenation) is for people who are looking for a natural alternative to reduce the signs of aging and improve inner vitality for a healthy appearance to their face.
Acupuncture provides a non-toxic, non-surgical way of looking and feeling your best at any age. Benefits include:
- A brighter and healthier-looking complexion
- A reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dull skin by increasing circulation to the face, nourishing the skin and stimulating natural collagen production
- Relaxes tension in the facial muscles for a more relaxed face
- Reduces redness
- Helps treat acne
- Improves discoloration from sun damage
- It’s not just a cosmetic process, you also get the benefits of an acupuncture treatment that has been shown to boost the immune system, reduce pain, relax and calm the body
To learn more, watch Rebecca in this presentation on the anti-aging benefits of cosmetic acupuncture.
Initial visits with Rebecca Berkson, who is a licensed acupuncturist and is NCCAOM Board certified in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, are typically 90 minutes long and include a 30-minute consult followed by the first treatment.
Follow-up sessions are 1 hour. It generally takes 6 sessions and 1 month to start building collagen. Many report a glow to the skin after the first session!
It’s recommended to get a series of 12 sessions, with weekly visits initially, and then every other week or once per month for maintenance.
Acupuncture can be a complement to other cosmetic treatments, but people should consult their providers as to how long to wait after fillers, injections, and other dermatological treatments.
* It is recommended that cosmetic acupuncture patients have received a diagnostic exam by a licensed physician within the last 6 months and get a documented recommendation for the treatment.
Questions? Give Us a Call!
Initial treatment, 90 min (includes a required 30-minute consultation): $250.00
Follow-up appointments, 60 min: $220.00
*12-session package receives 10% discount with advance payment.
Cautions and Modifications
Facial acupuncture directs the body’s energy and resources to the face for cosmetic purposes. If there are active or chronic conditions, it may be suggested to first address the current medical problems before doing the full cosmetic acupuncture protocol. Modifications may be made for those who have a history of the below conditions or are managed by medications. Consider a 30-minute consult to discuss a plan.
- High blood pressure
- Severe migraine headaches
- Problems with bleeding or bruising
- Active, current infections or malignancies: Herpes outbreak, Cold or Flu, Cancer, Hepatitis
- Botox Treatment (in last 2 weeks/ after 2 weeks will avoid areas with Botox)
- Dermal fillers (contact provider to ask about cosmetic acupuncture timing)
- Surgical procedures
Ready to make an appointment?
You deserve to look your best! Call 703-532-4892, ext. 2 to book your appointment with Rebecca today.
Please print and fill in the two forms below before your first appointment.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture/Facial Rejuvenation Informed Consent Form
- Recommendation for Examination by a Physician
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2