The best medicine for maintaining a healthy lifestyle or improving your health is by getting regular, restful sleep. However, more often than not modern living seems to get in the way.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 70% of Americans suffer from chronic sleep problems. This is a shockingly high number!
Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has left many people struggling with higher than normal levels of stress and anxiety. Because of this, we’ve seen a significant increase in sleep disturbances among our patients.
Signs of a Sleep Disorder
- Not feeling rested after a full night’s sleep.
- Trouble falling or staying asleep.
- Waking up frequently.
- A spouse or family member witnessed you stop breathing while asleep. Sleep apnea is a common disorder characterized by pauses in breathing or shallow breathing while asleep.
- Frequent Snoring. Snoring is not always a sign of an underlying condition, but chronic, loud snoring is often associated with sleep apnea.
Questions? Give Us a Call!
WatchPAT® ONE for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea and Other Sleep Disorders
If you think you may be suffering from sleep apnea or another type of sleep disorder, don’t put off seeking help. Your sleep is too important and we are here to get you back on track.
To help us detect sleep apnea as well as providing markers for quality of sleep, we prescribe our patients WatchPAT ONE, a recyclable Home Sleep Apnea Test (HSAT). WatchPAT ONE can be a valuable tool to help us monitor if there is adequate amounts of Deep and REM sleep, apnea episodes, oxygen and heart rate, snoring, movement, and more.
Patients benefit from:
- Convenience. WatchPAT ONE utilizes Bluetooth technology which allows our patients to pair the device to their smartphone using Itamar’s proprietary app. Sleep study data is collected during the test and automatically sent to a secure, cloud-based server. Once the test is complete, a comprehensive report is automatically generated and sent directly to the prescribing physician.
- An accelerated diagnosis. The sooner we have your data the sooner we can devise a treatment plan to improve your sleep.
- Less travel. Patients will no longer need to come into our office to pick up or return their equipment.
- A safer, more hygienic product. Using a fully disposable product cuts down on the concern of spreading infection. No cleaning, sanitizing, or reusing of equipment.
It Goes Beyond Just Being Tired
During the sleep cycle, particularly during REM sleep, the body enters a period regeneration. When sleep is constantly disrupted, the body cannot properly heal and re-energize itself. Individuals with sleep disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, or Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), are at a higher risk of developing a chronic disease or condition, like type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression.
For more information about WatchPAT ONE or to make an appointment, please call 703-532-4892 (ext 2).
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2