Dr. Gary Kaplan was recently interviewed on The Health Fix podcast, hosted by Dr. Jannine Krause, aka “Dr. J”.
Episode #397: How chronic illnesses provoke the body to attack you vs. the bug
The effects of bacteria, viruses, parasites, molds, and other infections can linger in the body long after the infection. These molecules of invaders can trigger your body to attack itself. This is a common phenomenon that has been going on for a long time but has been gaining publicity with long-haul symptoms since the pandemic. Turns out viruses aren’t the only bugs causing long-haul syndromes. In this episode of The Health Fix, Dr. J interviews Dr. Kaplan on how to identify if your chronic symptoms are related to lingering effects of previous infections.
You can access the podcast via any podcast streaming website/app (Apple Podcast link below).
What You’ll Learn:
- Why chronic fatigue is a sign of brain inflammation
- 20-50% of people do not make enzymes to neutralize mold toxins
- How pieces of the bugs that you get infections from cause inflammation in your body
- Why mold, Lyme, strep, viral infections, and parasites could be keeping you sick
- How mental health issues can be related to chronic infections, especially in kids
- Tests commonly used to sleuth out chronic infections
- The connection between sleep apnea and chronic illness
- How to test yourself for the autoimmune condition POTS by taking your blood pressure