Herbal teas are a very gentle way to reduce stress and anxiety that also promotes sleep. They have been used across the globe for centuries, and are very accessible to all of us.
If you’re experiencing sleepless nights and looking for natural ways to get some z’s, here are a few to try:
- Rose tea: loaded with antioxidants known as polyphenols that have anti-inflammatory properties, and one study showed that it also has antimicrobial properties. Roses are also a great immune booster as they are a source of vitamin C. In addition to its great taste, it is also effective for stress and anxiety and premenstrual symptoms.
- Passionflower tea: used for insomnia, anxiety, adjustment disorder with anxious mood, in addition to menopausal symptoms, premenstrual symptoms, muscle cramps, and asthma.
- Chamomile tea: in addition to its benefits for the gastrointestinal system in relieving colic, flatulence, and diarrhea, chamomile is also used for anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, and ADHD.
- Peppermint tea: used for respiratory infections, including the common cold, pharyngitis, sinusitis, and others. Peppermint is also used to relieve IBS symptoms, SIBO, spasms, and flatulence. It could be a good preventative delicious herbal tea that can replace caffeinated beverages and keep you hydrated.
- Lemon balm: Several studies have shown that lemon balm may be effective insomnia, relieving stress and anxiety. It also has immune-boosting properties.
- Lavender tea: Lavender oil supplement has been studied and proven effective for the treatment of depression and anxiety. For its use as an herbal tea, it has calming and soothing properties. Spraying lavender mist on your pillow is a great sleep inducer and helps with insomnia.
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2