Hormone level imbalances, such as thyroid disease, low estrogen, or low testosterone can cause musculoskeletal pain, increased pain sensitivity, fatigue, headaches, and a host of other problems, including depression, loss of mental acuity, and loss of libido.
Kaplan Center providers use a variety of screening methods to identify a hormonal imbalance, including:
The DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) test: An advanced method of testing and measures your sex and adrenal hormones and their metabolites.
- Adrenal Function Studies indicate whether the adrenal glands are properly producing hormones and accurately controlling your body’s release of adrenaline and cortisol, which, among other processes, are involved in the fight, flight or freeze response.
- Thyroid Function Tests evaluate whether your thyroid is properly converting iodine into hormones for the body.
- Pre-Diabetes Detection helps to identify individuals with a predisposition for diabetes before the disease manifests and undermines your good health.
- Bone Density Measurements* are an important determinant of fracture risk and osteoporosis in men and women. When estrogen and testosterone levels drop, so can bone density.
- Sex Hormone Measurements look at levels and how your liver is metabolizing into healthy or unhealthy metabolites and what you can do about it.
* When a patient requires a Bone Density Study, we provide trusted outside referrals.
If a hormone imbalance is identified, your Kaplan physician will provide you with an individualized treatment plan that carefully evaluates, in light of the latest medical research, the potential risks and benefits of using medications and/or alternative treatments.
Alternative and conventional treatments may include prescription medications, bioidentical hormones, herbal remedies, acupuncture, and lifestyle changes such as dietary improvements, regular exercise, and relaxation/stress reduction techniques. For more information about how the Kaplan Center physicians treat Hormone Disorders, please click here.
Related to Hormone Health:
We are here for you, and we want to help.
Our goal is to return you to optimal health as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call: 703-532-4892 x2